The Town of Iceburgh floats around on giant blocks of ice. The residents of Iceburgh are competing to become the new Mayor by making improvements to the town as buildings continuously shift.
About the Game
- Number of Players: 2-4
- Setup Time: 1 minute. Just arrange the 11 cards in a grid
- Learning Time: 5 minutes.
- Play Time: 30 minutes
- Game Mechanics: Resource Management, Action Selection, Town Building
- Degree of Randomness: None after setup. All moves are player controlled
- Replayability: The field shifts every turn, and play changes depending on the order buildings are upgraded. Ability to add more buildings and swap in cards.
- 15 two sided Town tiles, with a basic and upgraded side.
- Player Resource cards and icy resource markers
- Score tokens and/or a score track.
How to Play
Set up the town, leaving one empty space. Slide buildings around to reach the ones you want to activate. Each move blocks off part of the town, while opening other parts for use. Activate the building actions to collect and trade resources. Each player can only hold limited resources, but if you hold the right ones, you can collect and use them on other players’ turns. Resources are used to trade for points directly, or to upgrade the town buildings, improving the available actions for everyone while earning points. Earn the most points to become the new Mayor of Iceburgh.
Iceburgh was selected as a finalist for the 2017 Cardboard Edison Awards.
Development blog posts coming soon.