With a theme chosen, I put together some graphics and a rulebook, and made a final prototype.I threw together a quick cubicle graphic for the back of the cards.
I had some interesting ideas for some unique abilities that didn’t quite fit in with the base game, and put together a mini-expansion of 4 pairs of cards. They worked great when I tested them out, but aren’t necessary for the base game.
I showed the game to a friend who was a bit skeptical on the office theme, who admitted that it does actually fit better than expected. Everything appears to work, although my wife/primary play-tester has determined that this is not her game of choice. I’m still trying to find a title for the game, and she suggested “Worker Placement”, which would be perfect, but there is already a game with that title coming out next year. I will still have to work that in. The working title will probably stay “Human Resources”.
After the last round of testing, I have only one small rule change for balance, and the game will be ready to go. Next time I’ll finish up this design series with a preview of the game.